Why Green Juices?
What’s so grand about drinking this stuff? To begin with, the health benefits really start adding up. Green juices have many of the essential vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and pro- and prebiotics our bodies need to function properly. Green juices also contain vast varieties of herbs, algae, and adaptogens that support the body’s functions including hormone balance, stress reduction, and immune response.
Drinking quality green juices and powders that are meticulously formulated, conveniently packaged, and held to the highest nutritional standards, you receive a flood of health benefits in a stress-free manner. All this makes green juices the easy-peasy way to boost your health.
Can’t I just eat that stuff?
Yes, you can definitely eat whole foods to gain the nutrition you need. Just understand, that to receive all the nutritional benefits green juices provide, you had better be prepared to put in A LOT of effort. First, research and purchase all the foods your body needs, but make sure to purchase only quality foods (organic, fresh, well sourced, etc.). Then prepare it all properly, or if you mess that up, well, all that quality food you just spent your cash on isn’t doing your body much good. You will also need to research and purchase supplements to complement your diet to make sure you are getting the cortisol reducing, mind and immune system boosting, and digestive support you need. This is why drinking a high-quality green juice powder is so convenient and cost saving.
Phew, I’m just worn out thinking about it!
Instead of all that you could just add green juices to your diet to COMPLETE and ENHANCE your nutrition while providing TIME and COST SAVINGS. The choice seems simple right?
Green juices just get you…
What’s more, is that green juices have a great taste that’s earthy, mixed with just the right amount of sweet. It’s a really nice combo conveniently put together. There’s no stress for you to combine (and afford) this fruit, that vegetable, those herbs, with that supplement in hopes of getting the right health components and flavors together in one drink. Green juices allow you to follow directions, mix it up, and take in up to 12 servings of fruits and vegetables just like that. So much taste and convenience in one drink!
Oh, the many Benefits of Green Superfoods!
Taste, convenience, and saving money not enough for you? Well then let’s talk health.
- Hormone Balance: Having hormones in balance is critical for our well-being. Feeding your body the nutrients it needs will allow it to carry on daily processes, keep stress in check, sleep better, keep the liver and thyroid functioning properly, and boost up that libido! Allowing for all this lets your hormones come into balance, which allows your body to come into balance, which allows your hormones to come into balance, which…you get it. It’s a cycle. Being healthy makes you healthy. And that should make you happy!
- Mental Clarity: Our minds are hit with a lot each day. With the daily dings of stress from work, kids, crazy drivers, etc. our minds take a beating. Then if you’re physically active, your body is asking your mind to take a neural hit as the muscles build, learn, and adapt. Our minds need all the support they can get to boost our brainpower and find focus.
- Gut Health and Improved Digestion: Our guts contain millions of bacteria. We are more bacterial than we are human! Therefore, the health of our gut biome has a HUGE impact on our overall health and it’s important we feed the gut right. Offering the gut fiber and pro- and prebiotics ensures that the gut biome is getting the nutrition it needs. Plus with the added enzymes and herbs found in green juices, your digestive system gets what it needs to operate smoothly. Smooth operation equals proper absorption and synthesis of nutrients, and reduction in constipation, diarrhea, IBS, etc.
- Immunity: Pick any season of the year and there is always some type of sickness going around. Giving your body the immune-boosting vitamins and minerals (like Vitamin C and Zinc) that it may be deficient in, can keep you from getting a dose of what everyone else is passing around.
- Detoxification: Let’s face it, our bodies take in a whole lot of yuck, whether we want them to or not. With the fragrances and cleaning products we breathe in everywhere we go, the heavy metals we may be ingesting, and the occasional drink (or two) we partake in, our bodies have to filter out a lot, especially our ever so hardworking and extremely crucial liver. Providing it with a means of detoxification and support allows our bodies to be at the top of its game.
- Body pH Balance: When you have your body’s pH in balance, meaning it’s in an alkaline state, this reduces chronic illnesses and disease. Proper balance wards off fatigue, cancer, upsets in skin and digestion, and unhealthy weight gain. Garden of Life makes a great tasting alkalizer juice.
Related Post: Health benefits of early morning Cold showers
The above list gives you a glimpse of the health benefits green juices provide, but its ingredients also simply provide you with the essential vitamins and minerals you need for overall health. It’s difficult to separate out the benefits because they work with your body as a system, keeping one and all parts functioning at their best. So when you reap one benefit, your reap them all, and overall health is supported.
So what’s in this stuff?
I would just like to answer that question with one word “AWESOMENESS!”. However, I don’t think the FDA allows you to put that on food label ingredient lists. Perhaps they should…anyone feel like contacting the FDA? The fabulous (that word should be in the FDA’s ingredient arsenal too) ingredients in green juices that give you amazing health benefits are listed below. This isn’t a comprehensive list, just an idea of some of the top ingredients you will find in the juices.
- Chlorella: A freshwater blue-green algae high in protein (1 oz. = 16 grams!), healthy PUFAs, beta-carotene (vitamin A), potassium, phosphorous, iron, zinc, magnesium and B-complex vitamins. This little powerhouse helps detoxify the body (as does Milk Thistle – which green juices contain too!), alkalize the body, prevent cancer, boost the immune system, lower blood sugar levels and cholesterol, and rejuvenate skin.
- Spirulina: Being Chlorella’s cousin and also a freshwater blue-green algae, this superfood contains many of the same vitamins and minerals that Chlorella does and therefore has many of the same beneficial properties. However, put those 2 together and you boost the benefits! I love synergism!
- Moringa: This plant is full of antioxidants, offers protein, and helps detoxify the body, drops blood pressure and blood sugar levels, and aids in getting a good night’s sleep.
- Turmeric and Ginger: Spicy little guys that they are, not only create fabulous flavor, they also aid in digestion, reduce inflammation, and make a heck of a coconut cream pie…oh wait that was Mary Ann. But I bet if she had made Gilligan a pie with these spices they’d gotten off that island, because both ginger and turmeric help improve cognition and mental mood.
- Beets: These veggies not only provide vitamin C, iron, magnesium, folate, potassium, and manganese, they also contain nitrates, which eventually convert to nitric oxide in our blood. Nitric oxide is important because it can lower blood pressure, improve athletic performance, and reduce untimely clotting.
- Wheatgrass: aka Liquid Sunshine! With its restorative doses of chlorophyll, antioxidaeatents, enzymes, and phytonutrients, wheatgrass is a powerful immune booster and works to detoxify and balance the body.
- Probiotics and Prebiotics: They feed the beneficial gut bacteria and keep the not-so-beneficial bacteria from overpopulating. All this keeps our gut health in tiptop shape.
- Rhodiola, Ashwagandha, and Ginseng: Natural adaptogens that help balance our hormones, keep cortisol in check, and helps us respond to stress. (Benefits of Ashwagandha)
- NO Sugar: Sometimes what’s left out is just as important as what’s been added in.
As with anything you put into your body be aware of the quality. Don’t consume cheap, synthetic, hormone and pesticide laden food products, and that goes for green juices too. To make your green juices even greener, make sure they contain organically grown and environmentally sustainable ingredients. Green shouldn’t stop with the color of your drink.
What are the Mental Keepers?
With your newly found, green juice inspired brainpower, these are the ideas to tuck away in the vault:
- Green juice provides a GREAT way to get the nutrition your body and mind NEED.
- Green juices save time and money. Convenience and cash…Nice!
- Green juice ingredients are health ROCKSTARS!
- Quality in, equals quality out. Buy quality juice!
- FDA should have new labeling to include ingredients like awesomeness and fabulous. (just kidding…you don’t have to remember this one).
Ok, so those are the highlights. Now, get out there, be green in every sense of the word, and conquer the world!
Go green, and drink your way to vitality!
- ORGANIFI GENTLY DRIED SUPER GREENS POWDER: Now you can get all your healthy superfoods in one glass...with No Shopping, No Blending, No Juicing, and No Cleanup
- ORGANIC HEALTHY GREENS POWDER IN A BOTTLE: Imagine drinking some of the world's greatest super foods in one glass. Our proprietary formula is scientifically designed to nourish your body with vital nutrients without the need to dramatically change your daily routine!
- Helps to support Immunity RESULTS YOU CAN SEE: Imagine How You Will Feel Once You Start to Get a Daily Dose of Greens Without Having To dramatically alter Your Diet? Of course improving your diet is always recommended, BUT our Organifi Green Juice blend is designed to enrich your body with healthy nutrients.
- HIGHEST QUALITY INGREDIENTS you can get. 30 Servings per bottle for a full 30 Day Supply Makes This The Greens Powder Value EVER Offered!
- 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: When you order our Organifi Green Juice today, you're protected by a 30 day, no-questions asked money back guarantee and world class customer service!!
- DON'T BE FOOLED BY CHEAP AND EVEN EXPENSIVE IMITATIONS! All Green superfoods are NOT the same. Some popular brands use GRASS POWDERS while Peak Performance use GRASS JUICE EXTRACTS. 20 parts of grass make only one part of grass juice powder - that's why our grass juice powder is 20 times more concentrated than others. Also, unlike cows our stomachs are not made to digest grass. Our grass juice powder is more easily digestible therefore you absorb the maximum nutrients possible in every serving!
- BEST TASTING GREEN SUPERFOOD TO ALKALIZE, DETOX AND ENERGIZE - This is, hands down the most DELICIOUS organic Green Superfood containing over 25+ cleansing, alkalizing, farm fresh nutrient-rich greens, wholesome fruits and veggies. Helps eliminate toxins and aids in digestive support while enhancing your immune system and boosting your energy.
- DOCTOR RECOMMENDED NUTRIENT RICH ANTIOXIDANTS - Organic barley grass, organic spirulina, organic spinach, organic wheat grass, organic kale and more - contains natural phyto-chemicals and chlorophyll that give them their antioxidant powers to neutralize dangerous free radicals in the body.
- NO ARTIFICIAL OR REFINED SUGARS + LOW CARB. We NEVER use artificial sugars, added sweeteners,refined flours, or use ingredients containing hydrogenated oils, pesticides, herbicides, hormones or antibiotics. We ONLY use the highest quality REAL Food ingredients that are Organic, Sprouted, Vegan, and Paleo. QUICK EASY MIX- Easily digestible & gut friendly.
- 100% HAPPINESS GUARANTEED. If you don't absolutely LOVE this Organic Green Superfood... For ANY reason whatsoever, simply send us a message and we will be happy to offer you a fast, prompt refund. NO QUESTIONS ASKED. That's how confident we are that you'll love this delicious product.
- LOVE OUR SUPER GREENS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK | Hello, we're Nested Naturals. Nice to meet you! We're a socially conscious company that believes in only using the the best, most ethically produced ingredients available, 3rd party testing every batch and donating to charity to make the world a better place. We stand behind this pledge with our Lifetime Guarantee. If you're not happy with your purchase, simply call or email Nested Naturals directly.
- COMPREHENSIVE: IT'S ALL IN THERE | We set out to make the most comprehensive blend of greens powder on the market. Super Greens is crafted to be as close to perfect as we can get. We wanted everything all in one powdered scoop and so we made Super Greens. We selected ingredients that work together harmoniously to give you maximum benefit on the daily. Super Greens is packed with phytonutrients to help promote healthy energy levels without the crash you get from caffeine, sugar or energy drinks.
- 100% ORGANIC, NON-GMO AND VEGAN | We believe that nutritional supplements should be like mother's milk: naturally sourced, full of good stuff, but nothing extra and easy for your body to absorb. We are relentless about sourcing the best, most natural, ethically produced ingredients available. This green superfood powder formula is non-GMO, and is now vegan and 100% certified USDA organic. Not only that, Super Greens powder is third party tested to ensure you're getting all the good stuff.
- MAXIMUM BOOST: HELPING YOUR BODY ABSORB NUTRIENTS | The most potent, nutrient-rich supplement is worthless if your body can't extract the good stuff. The blend of fruits and vegetables (including superfoods like kale and acai berry) is ground into a fine powder to give you a potent boost of micronutrients that can be absorbed by the body quickly and easily. We add enzymes and dairy-free probiotics to help your digestive system absorb maximum benefit from Super Greens and everything else you eat.
- FRESH, NATURALLY SOURCED TASTE | As one of our customers has written, our Super Greens taste, well, green. The flavor is fresh and honest, like spring in Canada, which is where we're from. We add a little naturally sourced monk fruit extract to our organic greens superfood blend for a hint of sweetness without any added calories. Drink it neat with water or add it to a smoothie or juice for a supergreen food boost to your day.
- This powerful blend thoughtfully combines our alkalizing farm fresh greens and wholesome fruits and veggies plus an anitoxidant blend packed with 15,000 ORAC units per serving to help you feel amazing every day. Aids natural digestive function.
- Crafted with 7 alkalizing farm fresh greens. Our nutrient-dense formula is filled with antioxidant-rich super foods like Camu , Elderberry, Mangosteen and more targeting ALL five major types of free radicals.
- Antioxidants with high ORAC (Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity) helps convert free radicals into harmless waste products that get eliminated from the body.
- Gluten Free, No Sugar Added, Plant Based, Non GMO, Kosher
- Add one scoop with 8 oz. or more of water, juice, or smoothie.
- ORGANIFI GENTLY DRIED SUPER GREENS POWDER. Now you can get all your healthy superfoods in one glass...with No Shopping, No Blending, No Juicing, and No Cleanup
- ORGANIC HEALTHY GREENS POWDER IN A TRAVEL PACK- Imagine Feeling drinking some of the world's greatest super foods in one glass. Our Proprietary Formula Is Scientifically Designed To Nourish Your Body with Vital Nutrients Without the Need to Dramatically Change Your Daily Routine!!
- Helps to support Immunity RESULTS YOU CAN SEE - Imagine How You Will Feel Once You Start to Get a Daily Dose of Greens Without Having To dramatically alter Your Diet? Of course improving your diet is always recommended, BUT our Organifi Green Juice blend is designed to enrich your body with healthy nutrients.
- HIGHEST QUALITY INGREDIENTS you can get 30 Individually wrapped per box for a full 30 Day Supply Makes This The Greens Powder Value EVER Offered!
- 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE - When you order our Organifi Green Juice today, you're protected by a 30 day, no-questions asked money back guarantee and world class customer service!!
Organifi – Green Juice Super Food Supplement is an all-natural, organic dietary supplement that is specifically formulated with ingredients to help you feel your best.
Organifi’s Green Juice was designed by FitLife creator Drew Canole. It is formulated to provide the body with all the benefits of juicing fresh fruits and veggies without all the hassle. Organifi contains only non-GMO plant-based ingredients and is completely vegan, soy free, and gluten-free. Simply put, everything in this product is a real food you can actually find at a market, but condensed into a more convenient powder form. It was designed for busy individuals who want a quick boost of healthy greens without the time it would take to shop, chop, blend, and juice all of the ingredients found in Organifi.
What makes Organifi somewhat unique when compared to other green juices on the market is that each ingredient in Organifi – Green Juice was selected to serve a specific purpose. The key ingredients in Organifi – Green Juice Super Food Supplement include: chlorella, moringa, spirulina, mint, beets, matcha green tea, wheatgrass, ashwagandha, turmeric, lemon, coconut water, and monk fruit.green
Let’s take a brief look at each ingredient and its purpose:
- Ashwagandha: herb used for stress reduction
- Spirulina: good source of B12 vitamins, for cognitive function; added protein, calcium, and iron
- Lemon and beet juice: alkalizing, good for aiding with weight loss
- Chlorella: added protein and healthy polyunsaturated fats
- Turmeric: protect against inflammation in the body, also high in antioxidants
- Wheatgrass: to help support immune function
- Matcha green tea: to help your brain function more effectively; high in antioxidants; helps to reduce stress and reduce appetite
- Monk fruit: natural low sugar sweetener
- Mint: refreshing taste; good at easing indigestion
- Coconut water: high in potassium; assist with transporting nutrients
- Moringa: complete protein, contains all 9 of the essential amino acids needed by the body for proper cellular function
Organifi – Green Juice has been described as having a mild sweetness with a hint of mint, or like a green tea with a light mint flavor. The lemon, coconut water, and mint give this product a refreshing taste, instead of the common grassy taste found in a lot of other green drinks, and the monk fruit gives is a light sweetness.
Organifi – Green Juice contains all 9 of essential amino acids the body needs for proper cellular function.
Ingredients: chlorella, spirulina, mint, matcha green tea, beet, coconut water, wheatgrass, turmeric, ashwagandha, lemon
Gluten-free, soy-free, non-GMO, organic, dairy free, vegan
- 1 serving (9g) contains:
- 25 calories
- 4g carbs
- 1 g sugar
- 2g protein
- 3% calcium
- 11% iron
- 1% sodium
Organifi – Green Juice sells for around $69.95-$79.95, for 30 servings (or a 30 day supply). According to Organifi, if one were to make a fresh juice with the all of the ingredients found in Organifi Green Juice, every day for a month, the cost would be around $187 dollars. So if you look at Organifi from the angle of fresh vs. packaged, you are saving a lot of money by choosing Organifi.
- Very fine and blends easily with water
- Great for on-the-go
- Real ingredients
- USDA organic certified
- Contains a prop 65 warning (www.organifi.com/prop65)
- Cost is significantly higher than similar green juice products
Athletic Greens is a green superfood powder designed to help supplement a healthy and balanced diet. Athletic Greens is a great name for this product because it is kind of like a cocktail of superfoods. It is made up of 75 ingredients, all intended to nourish your body. When consumed with a healthy and balanced diet, the makers of Athletic Greens like to say that no other supplements are needed, since this product is like a one stop shop for nutrient supplements. Athletic Greens is free of GMOs, artificial ingredients, gluten, yeast, eggs, dairy, corn, and nuts. It is also suitable for a variety of diets, including vegan, paleo, primal, vegetarian, and slow carb.
Fruits and veggies found in Athletic Greens “Alkaline, Nutrient Dense Raw Superfood Complex” includes spirulina, wheat grass, alfalfa grass, chlorella, flaxseed, barley, cherry, broccoli, beet, pineapple, green tea extract ginger, and cocoa bean, as well as many other fruits and veggies. The complex also includes inulin, which is thought to lower triglycerides, as well as help with constipation by increasing the good bacteria found in the gut.
According to the manufacturer, the 75 ingredients found in Athletic Greens-Premium Green Superfood Cocktail work together to assist your body in the following 5 ways: 1) vitamins and minerals for immune and nervous system support, 2) digestive enzymes for optimum absorption, 3) liver formula to detoxify and assist with fat loss, 4) probiotics and prebiotics for gut health and 5) adaptogen and hormonal support.
Athletic Greens really is loaded with essential vitamins and minerals, probiotics, digestive enzymes, and herbs. To highlight some of the vitamins and minerals in this product, there is vitamins A, C, E, K2, B1, B6, and B12, folate, calcium, niacin, magnesium, biotin, copper, and magnesium, just to name a few. It also contains two non-dairy probiotics, Lactobacillus Acidophilus and Bifidobacterium Bifidum. There is also a long list of herbs in Athletic greens, including shiitake mushrooms, which is thought to support immune function and ward off chronic diseases, as well as milk thistle, which is thought to help detox the liver.
Does not taste as “grassy” as other green powders. It has a fruity taste, with the pineapple flavor really showing through.
- One serving (1 Tablespoon, or 12 g) of Athletic Greens contains 40 calories, 1.9 grams of fiber, 0.045 grams of sugar, 4 grams of protein.
- Athletic Greens is high in a number of vitamins and minerals, such as Thiamin (255% RDA), Vitamin B6 (250% RDA), Pro Vitamin A (250% RDA), Vitamin C (225% RDA), Biotin (360%) Riboflavin (143% RDA), Folate (100%) and Zinc (22.5%). It is also a good source of Magnesium (16%), Calcium (15%)
- Athletic Greens is very expensive relative to other similar green superfood powders.
- A 30-day supply of this product cost $127, which comes out to $4.23/per serving.
- You can save some money by ordering a monthly subscription service directly from the supplier for $97/30-day supply.
- Suitable for a variety of diets, including vegan, paleo, primal, vegetarian, and slow carb.
- Contains 3 grams more protein than most other green superfood supplements.
- Manufactured in a TGA- registered, GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) certified facility. These certifications mean that Athletic Greens uses only quality sourced ingredients and is also intended to give the consumer peace of mind that all ingredients and nutritional facts listed on the product label are accurate.
- Expensive. Athletic Greens costs anywhere from double to quadruple the amount of most other green superfood supplements.
- About $4.23/per serving.
Amazing Grass Green SuperFood Alkalize & Detox is a dietary supplement that is intended to restore your body’s pH and help rid the body of harmful toxins.
Amazing Grass Green SuperFood Alkalize & Detox is formulated with specific alkalizing ingredients that aid the body with restoring pH balance and 12 cleansing ingredients to aid the removal of toxins. Green SuperFood Alkalize & Detox is loaded with fruits and veggies, carefully selected herbs, spices, and the Amazing Grass proprietary blend of wheat grass, barley grass, alfalfa, spirulina, spinach, and broccoli. Also included in this product are vitamins and minerals your body needs to detoxify and alkalize your body’s pH.
Amazing Grass Green SuperFood Alkalize & Detox can be blended with any liquid, or added to smoothies for extra nutrition.
This product is completely vegan, kosher, is non-GMO, and almost all of its ingredients are organic.
Gritty; earthy; grassy
One scoop of amazing grass contains many of the vitamins and minerals your body needs, including vitamin A, C, and K, as well as calcium, iron, potassium and a small amount of sodium (10 mg).
Unlike other Amazing Grass blends, the SuperFood Alkalize & Detox blend includes electrolytes and alkalizing minerals, which are beneficial in regulating the body’s pH.
Amazing Grass Green SuperFood Alkalize & Detox contains the Amazing Grass Green Food blend of wheat grass, barley grass, alfalfa, spinach, spirulina, chlorella, and broccoli, as well as a detoxifying blend of apple pectin, lemon peel, carrot, coconut water, dandelion root, goji, acai, fennel seed, parsley leaf, turmeric and garlic extract. Also included in the Alkalize & Detox blend is a digestive blend of Fructooligosaccharide from Chicory Root (an alternative sweetener that also acts as a sort of fertilizer for bacteria in the gut), flaxseed, pineapple, L. Acidophilus (a probiotic), Acatzin™ (a kiwi fruit concentrate that promotes healthy digestion by acting as a prebiotic), papaya fruit, licorice root, quinoa, chia seed, cardamom seed, lemongrass and peppermint.
All of the above ingredients are combined into a powder form that contains only 25 calories, 4 grams carbs and 1 gram of protein.
This product seems like a steal at just $30 for 30 servings, which is about half the price of many other green powders. That is just $1 per serving. Again, this is a good value if you take into account how much each of the ingredients that come in Amazing Grass would cost if you were to purchase a 30 day supply of fresh ingredients.
- Good source of vitamins and minerals
- Detoxifying and alkalizing ingredients
- Good value at $1 per serving
- Grassy and earthy taste
- Contains Fructooligosaccharide – while this ingredient does have the positive effect of enhancing the growth of probiotics in the gut, it can also lead to an overgrowth of certain bacteria in the gut.
Vibrant Health – Green Vibrance is a green superfood powder supplement packed with ingredients intended to create and maintain optimal overall health. Vibrant Health – Green Vibrance is formulated with over 70 ingredients, each specifically chosen to support what the manufacturer refers to as the “four foundations of good health” – immunity, digestion, circulation, and nutrition. The ingredients in Green Vibrance are a blend of greens, fruits, veggies, probiotics, and enzymes It stands out a bit from other green superfood powders because in addition to whole plant foods, it also contains a variety of added supplements not typically found in similar products, such as Beta-1,3-1,6 glucans, ResistAid arabinogalactan, and FiberAid arabinogalactan.
According to Vibrant Health, all of the ingredients in Green Vibrance were specifically selected to support the following areas of good health- digestion and gastrointestinal function, healthy circulation, increase energy, detoxify, support neurological health, support cardiovascular function, support normal blood sugar and cholesterol, support immunity, support healthy bones, and resist signs of aging.
Full disclosure labeling with no propriety blends.
Green Vibrance contains a “Plant Based Micro-Nutrition” blend of mostly oat grass leaf powder, chlorella, barley grass leaf powder, sunflower lecithin powder, spirulina, beet root juice powder, zucchini, parsley leaf and stem, alfalfa sprouts powder and carrot root powder. Also included in the plant-based micro-nutrition blend is Kamut grass juice powder, kale sprouts powder, and policosanol.
Green Vibrance contains a blend of what the label refers to as “Antioxidant Life Preservers”, which includes tomato fruit powder, acerola fruit juice powder, goji berry juice powder, amla whole fruit powder, ginko biloba, grape seed extract, and green tea.
This product was first introduced in 1992 and one of the first green superfood powders on the market and has received several awards over the years. The most recent formulation is version 16. Green Vibrance was formulated by Mark Timon, Founder of Vibrant Health with an MS Clinical Nutrition.
- Fave Vegan Powder Award 2015
- Best of Supplements Awards, Better Nutrition 2008, 2009, 2011, 2014
- Vity Award, Vitamin Retailer 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014
- Delicious Living Supplement Award 2013
Describes as being very grassy and earthy tasting, and not pleasant.
- One serving (11.83 grams) of Green Vibrance contains 45 calories, 7 grams of carbs, 2 grams of fiber, 2 grams of sugar, 2 grams of protein, and .5 grams of fat.
- Each serving of Green Vibrance also contains 1,293 mg of herbal antioxidants, in addition to the naturally occurring vitamins and minerals found in the plants included in Green Vibrance.
- Gluten-free, non-GMO, soy free.
- Made in the USA.
- Suppliers are based on reputation, availability, and quality. According to their website, they look at supplier’s Certificate of Analysis (COA) on raw materials which test for microbiology and heavy metals. They will also conduct further testing as needed to independent labs.
- Information about their supply chain and product process
- Green Vibrance costs around $1.08 per serving.
- A 60-day supply of Green Vibrance costs between $45-50.
- Net weight 25 oz (710 grams)
- Contains a comparably higher amount of probiotics than other similar green superfood powders
- Gluten free
- Soy free.
- No Stevia
- Contains a long list of ingredients, so those consuming this supplement should read over the ingredients carefully before taking, to assure none of the ingredients will potentially cause irritation or adverse side effects.
- Contains Policosanol, which is used as a supplement for conditions that affect heart and blood vessels, but could cause potential side effects in certain individuals, as well interactions with other medications.
AMRAP Nutrition – Organic Super Green Powder, Energizing Athletic Formula as its’ name suggests, is a green superfood supplement powder made with a variety of superfoods and all organic ingredients. This supplement designed to keep you energized and increase performance.
AMRAP Nutrition – Organic Super Green Powder has gone back to basics with its’ all natural, all organic, superfood supplement. It contains 11 super green juices, including alfalfa, astragalus, barley, bitter melon, chlorella, gotu kola, kale, lemon, wheatgrass, oat, and spirulina. It is gluten-free, non-GMO, soy free, vegan and paleo friendly. It has a more clinical design of the package which makes the brand look more sterile. Not sure if I like it. The ingredients are much simpler than other similar green drinks.
According to AMRAP, the main benefit of Organic Super Greens Powder is its’ alkalizing properties. Super Greens is formulated for those on high protein diets to assist in mineral uptake, nutrition absorption, protein synthesis and pH balance. The four main benefits of Super Greens, as stated by the AMRAP, are: increase energy and stamina, help to synthesize protein more efficiently, assist the body in maintaining a healthy pH level, and strengthen the immune system.
- Because Super Greens is a blend of just greens, with no other flavorings, or sweeteners, it tastes very much like drinking a glass of wheatgrass, or raw kale juice.
- One serving (10 g) of Organic Super Greens Powder contains 36 calories, .2 grams of fat, 7 grams of carbohydrates, 2.6 grams of fiber, 1.5 grams of protein.
- Organic Super Greens Powder contains calcium (8% DV), is high in vitamin A (38% DV), vitamin C (36% DV), and is a good source of iron (15% DV).
- It is gluten free, soy free, vegan and paleo friendly.
- AMRAP Nutrition costs around $40 for a 22-day supply or $1.80 per serving.
- This is on the higher end of average for green superfood powders.
- GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) certified – which ensures quality and purity of the product
- All ingredients are sourced from the U.S.A.
- It is gluten free, non-GMO, soy free, vegan and paleo friendly.
- Macro-nutrition information is not directly included on the product labeling
Garden of Life Raw Organic Perfect Whole Food Alkalizer & Detoxifier is an organic green superfood dietary supplement formulated to assist the body with detoxifying and maintaining an ideal pH balance. Garden of Life Raw Organic Perfect Whole Food Alkalizer & Detoxifier is loaded with a variety of raw, and organic ingredients. The ingredients in this dietary supplement are almost like taking the entire produce section of the grocery store and condensing it into a more convenient powder form. It is Non-GMO project verified, USDA Certified Organic, Certified Vegan, NSF Certified Gluten Free, Raw, Dairy Free and Soy Free.
Garden of Life Raw Organic Perfect Whole Food Alkalizer & Detoxifier is loaded with 34 nutrient-dense greens, sprouts, veggies, and fruits, including the Garden of Life proprietary RAW organic U.S. farmed green juice blend of barley grass juice, alfalfa grass juice, wheat grass juice, oat grass juice, and Kamut™ grass juice. Alkalizing ingredients in this product include lemon juice, coconut water, algas calcareas, cracked-wall chlorella, ginger root, spinach, and kale. In addition, this product also contains a probiotic and enzyme blend to aid in digestion and maintenance of a healthy gut.
Mixed reviews on taste. It has that earthy/grassy taste found in similar products when mixed with water. Reviews have said that when mixed with smoothies, juice, or milk, this product tastes great.
1 serving (9g) contains 30 calories, 2 grams carbohydrates, 1 gram fiber, 0 grams of fat, and 2 grams of protein. The nutritional facts do not list the amounts of sugars in this product.
Vitamins and Minerals – This is where this product really stands out from other green superfood supplements. It is loaded with an array of naturally occurring vitamins and minerals, meaning they are not added to this supplement, but rather are coming from the whole foods found in this supplement. Electrolytes in this supplement include calcium (8% D.V.), magnesium (8% D.V.), potassium (6% D.V.), and sodium (2% D.V.). It also includes a good supply of vitamins B12 (35% D.V.), iron (15% D.V.), and zinc (15%), as well as a variety of other vitamins and minerals.
Garden of Life Raw Organic Perfect Whole Food Alkalizer & Detoxifier costs about $1.10 per serving. Retails for around $33 for a 10.1 oz (30 servings) container. This is a good value considering it is loaded with ingredients and is much lower in cost compared to similar products.
A large variety of organic fruits, veggies, sprouts, and greens, much more so than similar products.
A good source of a wide variety of vitamins and minerals.
Does not include green tea, matcha, or any other type of stimulates.
2-3 times more calories and sugar than similar products, but still considerably low in both calories and sugar
See also: Our Review of Vitamix Blenders
Atheltic Greens Review. 2017. AthleticGreens.com. Whole Food Ingredients that Replace Your Other Supplements. https://athleticgreens.com/pages/whole-food-nutrition-ingredients
Cox, L. November 21, 2014. Live Science. Spirulina: Nutrition Facts & Health Benefits. https://www.livescience.com/48853-spirulina-supplement-facts.html
Dr. Axe. Dr. Axe. Food is Medicine. 7 Proven Chlorella Benefits (#2 is Best). https://draxe.com/7-proven-chlorella-benefits-side-effects/
Dr. Axe. Dr. Axe. Food is Medicine. Spirulina Benefits: 10 Proven Reasons to Use This Superfood. https://draxe.com/spirulina-benefits/
Drew Canole. 2017. FITLIFETV. Organifi Green Juice. https://www.organifi.com/2-classic-cb/?hop=ogjaff10
Flynn, K. August 16, 2013. LIVESTRONG.com. What Are the Benefits of Alkaline in the Body? https://www.livestrong.com/article/444199-what-are-the-benefits-of-alkaline-in-the-body/
Hippocratesinst.org. 2017. Hippocrates Health Institute. Benefits of Wheatgrass. https://hippocratesinst.org/benefits-of-wheatgrass-2
WebMD.com. 2017. WebMD. Find a Vitamin or Supplement. CHLORELLA. https://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-907-chlorella.aspx?activeingredientid=907&activeingredientname=chlorella